THE LONDON TAXI COMPANY
Do you want to be a key player in our continuing success story?
If the answer is ‘yes’ then read on….
Logistics/Materials Analyst - Electrical/Chassis
£28,000 - £30,000
Given our ambitious and exciting growth plans for the future we are looking for an experienced Logistics/Materials Analyst to join our logistics team in supporting the Body Structures and Vehicle Assembly.
The ideal candidate will have experience in ensuring that the supply of materials meets the production schedule and minimum stock levels for operational and production continuity. They will also be able to deliver efficient, effective and flexible solutions to meet production requirements and maintain strong relationships both internally and externally.
Key Role responsibilities
- Build up the Procurement Program by dividing and leveling piece procurements
- Follow up the Procurement Program realization by managing alert systems and follow the unloading, receipt and transportation of pieces.
- Follow supplier delivery performance and the service of logistics partners and propose appropriate improvement action plans.
- Achieve the transportation program on a monthly basis and the transportation scheme semi-annually.
- Direct packaging management.
- Ensure that logistics conventions comply with purchasing objectives and support conditions set by suppliers for procurement and packaging and by logistics partners for transport and services.
- Verify that Sales and Production Plan capacity requirements can be supported by suppliers and implement corrective actions when necessary.
- Making visits to Suppliers as required to obtain maximum effect on Suppliers performance, acting as a trouble-shooter and strengthening supplier and customer relationships.
- Setting and achieving targets to reduce inventory levels and achieve cost savings.
- Reporting any parts affected by Engineering changes ensuring that the Bill of Materials reflects the changes, using a high degree of accuracy in assessing introduction dates and run out stock, reporting any liability and raising stock disposal requests if necessary.
- Undertaking of special projects and covering for other functions as required by the Manager (ie Stores, Goods Receiving, Transport etc).
- Handling of confidential information (Suppliers details, prices, drawings, future facelifts) which requires integrity and discretion.
- Produce and design presentation documents, statistical reports, graphs, pie charts, etc.
- Commitment to work towards professional accreditation with an industry related body
- Previous experience of materials planning ideally in the automotive or manufacturing environment
- Good understanding of supply chain processes and their interdependencies
- Understanding of supplier relationships and some experience of working with suppliers
- Strong IT systems knowledge and skills including advanced Excel skills
- Knowledge and experience of using MRP (Material Requirements Planning) systems or similar
- Knowledge of lean techniques may be advantageous
- Adhere to any health, safety and environmental policies / procedures to ensure the safety & wellbeing of self, staff and visitors
- Assertive, optimistic, resilient and change facilitator
- Engages interest and participation of others
- Proactively contributes to the team
- Is self-aware and has a collaborative approach to working with others
- Shows moral courage, openness and honesty in all dealings
- Able to work in a fast paced environment with a self motivated attitude
Skills and Attributes:
- Good communicator with the ability to form and maintain good relationships internally and externally
- Strong interpersonal, negotiation and influencing skills
- Commercial and financial
- Results orientated and organised with the ability to plan and deliver against deadlines
- Strong analytical, planning and problem solving skills
- Project management skills
- Attention to detail
Education and Training
- The ideal candidate will have/be:
- A business/engineering degree preferred. A Levels, HNC, BTec National Diploma Level 3, IVQ Technician Diploma or equivalent NVQ level 3 qualification.
- Import & Export knowledge would be an advantage
- Due to the nature of this role, a full UK driving license is required
The London Taxi Company is the manufacturer of the iconic London Black Cab which is utilised in over 40 major cities worldwide. We are investing £300m in a brand new range extended zero emission capable electric hybrid to be built in a brand new factory in Coventry. The London Taxi Company is owned by Zhejiang Geely Holding Group, a Fortune Global 500 Company with operating revenue of $26billion.