THE FUTURE ZERO-EMISSIONS CAPABLE LONDON
The London Taxi Company today revealed its vision of the future London Taxi; a plug-in
range extended electric Black Cab, destined to hits the streets of London in 2018.
The company, part of global automotive group Geely Automobile Holdings, is confident that it has the technology, experience and investment to manufacture and retail a globally-dominant and iconic Black Cab, which meets Mayor Boris
Vice-President of U
“Geely’s investment has allowed us to do what we do best; create purpose-built vehicles. It’s not a van conversion; it’s designed from the ground up to be a London Taxi and will be robust and durable in order to survive the demanding taxi duty cycle.
“It responds to Mayor Boris
“Geely’s investment means that we have the funds and the capabilities required to further improve the
eco-credentials of our existing vehicle. It also means that we will be able to fulfil our aspiration to relocate from our
Although many details of the exciting new icon are being kept firmly under wraps, the following specification information for the future
· No compromise, zero-emissions capable London Taxi
· Purpose-built to be a taxi (eg not a car/van conversion)
· A European Whole Vehicle Type Approved Black Cab which meets
London Conditions of Fitness
· Front-wheel steer 25ft turning circle
· Fully accessible including front-facing wheelchair seating position
· New lightweight body structure
· Exceptional fuel economy
· Lower overall cost of ownership
· Outstanding driver comfort and ergonomics
· Six passenger seats in rear
· Advanced technological driver and passenger features
· Evolution of the iconic London Taxi shape
· NCAP 5 Safety-rated
The London Taxi manufacturer, based in
The next version of the TX4 is being developed in tandem with the company’s engine supplier VM Motori. It will be Euro 6-compliant, deliver further emissions reductions and will be available from 2015.
LTC is set to celebrate the life of its iconic TX4 taxi at The London Motor Show 2017 before bidding it farewell.
London Taxi Company to commission luxury ‘Last of the Line' edition Black Cab to mark the very end of diesel production, and is looking for potential designers.
Total sales for new Euro 6 diesel cabs in the UK are up 28% on this time last year
Vehicle to be the second new product from our new manufacturing facility
The opening ceremony of the UK's first dedicated car factory to produce electric vehicles for global markets