The London Taxi has been specifically designed to be the best possible hackney carriage.
That's why it has specific features to ensure that London Taxi drivers have the ultimate in performance in their vehicle, and for their business:
- Reduces repair time and therefore time off the road
- The 2.8L VM Motori engine is Euro 6 compliant and has been through more than 1,000,000 miles of specific taxi duty cycle testing. It is a globally available option.
A 2.4L Mitsubishi Euro 4 compliant engine is also available for non-EU countries - just ask our International Team for more information.
Electronic Stability Control (ESC)
- Improves vehicle stability by detecting and reducing loss of traction, increasing safety for you and your passengers
Tyre Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS)
- Constantly monitors tyre pressure, alerting the driver when pressure falls which can help to improve fuel efficiency and reduce tyre wear
Anti-lock Braking System (ABS)
- An automated system which improves braking efficiency, preventing the vehicle wheels from locking and the likelihood of skidding
25ft turning circle
- Allows easier manouevrability in congested traffic, enabling the vehicle to do smooth U-turns as opposed to three point turns
- Purpose-built steel framework that is the foundation of the London Taxis' renowned longevity
Specially designed tyres
- Bespoke tyres to deal with rigorous taxi duty cycle, these tyres have extra wide kerb protection strips
Find out more about the London Taxi from its iconic design, its high levels of accessibility and safety features.